Sun, Aug 14
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Cyanotype Photography with Brenna Hansen
Sun, Aug 28
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Preschooler + Grownup Collaborative Art Series with MaryAnn Clark
Session 1: August 21st & Session 2: August 28th (1-hour each)
To be resilient in this world, we need to have awareness of our bodies & emotions. We need to be able to cope with uncertainty.
These two one-hour workshops will give space for grown-ups & kids to talk about and explore emotions & regulation strategies, while also participating in some fun activities & a collaborative art project.
During our time together, we will read picture books and explore movement activities around feelings & emotions. The preschooler and their grown-up will talk & come up with seven emotions that they both frequently experience. They will collaborate & work on creating a multimedia Emotion Art Card deck. On one side of the card will be a visual for the emotion & naming it. On the other side of the card, the duo can write or draw ideas around regulation strategies, such as recognizing body sensations & helpful coping mechanisms. The goal of these Emotion ArtCard decks are to aid the child+adult in awareness & communication.
MaryAnn Clark (aka MAC) is studying Early Childhood Education & started the YouTube Kids channel *kids in the hive* which is a DreamMaker Project with the Ink People.
Register by August 21st
(6 pairs minimum, 10 pairs maximum)
There are a limited number of scholarships available for the workshops. If you are interested in applying, please email a short statement of need to Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blog Posts History
- In Person Workshops · Summer 2022
- Body Language by Meredith Smith & The Holding Space by Hannah Lee Hoffman
- Bryan Schoneman on Exhibition in the Gallery
- Call for Workshop Proposals at the Sanctuary!
- Outside Minds Concert Series Poetry, Music & Art in the Park
- Dance Party With DJ Canyon Williams this Sunday
- Live Music Shows this Week in house and online
- Bob Wertheimer in the Gallery
- Cooper & Co. Woodworks
- Arcata Strategic Arts Plan Open Call for Pictures & Visual Art
- Summer Sunday Art Market Series on the Arcata Plaza
- J Street Regulars Radio Hour June 2021
- Out on a Walk Collaborative
- Dreamlines and Dirt Scars
- J St. Regulars Radio Hour May 2021
- J St. Regulars Hour April 2021
- Radio Hour Schedule March 2021
- Floating on air with Helena Williams
- Lunar New Year special tonight on the Radio Hour
- Kids in the Hive